Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Self-study



Self-study is really a good thing, here You can do everthing what you want to reach your goals.
My goal for this year is to write the final exam very good, close to 95%. I've completed the planning part in the t-a.eu site and am very glad. So in order to reach this goal I must improve my reading skills, what includes also increasing vocabulary and learning new grammar systems; improve my listening skills, what includes much practice in listening to music and watching movies and cartoons; improve my writing skills, what includes also practice; and finally improve my speaking skills, I must talk with people more and also record my voice to compare it with a voice of native speaker. Because I want to know and use English, almost like it's my native language.
So what I did this semester? First, I've read some chapters of Harry Potter and the Deadly Hollows, very nice book by the way. =) I also have read some magazines like National Geographic.
Second, I have played the World of Warcraft and have improved my vocabulary, because I learned many new words, that I couldn't find in other materials.
The third, I've watched many movies and also anime. Four movies, which I remember now are "The Journey to the Centre of the Earth', "Burn after Reading", "Death Race" and "Wall-e". All four movies I liked very much. As I learned from previous years, I can't understand almost every word in the film, because pronounciation is sometimes not so understandable, so I downloaded the english subtitles for every movie but "Wall'e".
From Anime I've seen some episodes from NeverEnding Naruto =) and new anime for me called "Death Note", which I found very exciting. The best thing about it is that it is not so big - only 37 series, but every episode was so interesting, that you didn't want to stop watching, you want to know what will be in the next episode.
And as I like to sing my favorite songs, I also recorded some of them, and now I try to make my voice better with more practice. Because my recorded voice is a bit different than the voice I hear, when I'm speaking. I will proceed to record my voice and will improve mu pronounciation. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment