Sunday, December 7, 2008

Reflections



And now reflections
Reflections was one thing I did with interest.
So, I made a bank of good and bad commercials:
Hi everybody, check out also my bank of commercials!

But first, let me explain you how I evaluate commercials. A good commercial must be interesting, short, fun or/& exciting, must be suitable music; it must also show why exactly this product is better and show its best features. Commercial must be also rememberable, but I think it will, if all previous criterias are achieved.

So, my bank:

1. Good Commercials

1.1 "Canon Camera"
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dAV0EYLIdsg
It shows that you can make good pictures even in action+ matchs all other criterias

1.2. "Snickers"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFubzSu2AOE
It's funny and shows us new addition to product

1.3 "Sony Ericsson K800i "Never miss a shot"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSDeKiWlb1E
Interesting, exciting and shows its features

1.4 Two "Nike Just Do It" Commercials
1.4.1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSIRl_aIsA8
1.4.2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VklNe2JSHeE
Perfect suitable music and best director's work.

1.5 "Nike - The Mission"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UikGTpIyiRQ
Very interesting action scenario.

And in the end I want to show you two banned but also good commercials.

1.6.1 "Tuborg - Beer Makes Women Beautiful"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtS2PGXPUTs
Very funny and the music is suitable + shows its best features!

1.6.2 "Zazoo Condoms"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nojWJ6-XmeQ
Very funny!

2. And bad or even stupid commercials
It was difficult to find them, but there they are

2.1 Ad from Thailand
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=p7CsEJ9oMkQ
WTF???

2.2 Smart Beeper Beep Service
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uYkeL_FZLgE
That was stupid


I have answered D. Galant questions about the summer activities:
1.Have you done something in English during this long summer?
1. I have watched Naruto in English + some cartoons. I've also read some chapters from "Harry Potter and Deathly Hollows". And BTW, this summer was not so long.
2.Have you met some TA stuff or dealed with it during summer?
2. No
3.Do you have some ideas about your this years Project?
3. I have thought a little about it, but fully don't know yet about what will be my project! =)
4.What note do you plan to get this year?
4. Something better, than in previous years, of course, but what I deserve! =)
5.Do you have some questions to ask MR. Sokol in connection to this years educational process,updates,etc.
5. Mr. Sokol, can You make our lessons more interesting, maybe more
Yes-No Games ets.?


I've answered Mr. Sokol's questions about the film "Night on Earth":
1. Did you like the film? Please give details.
1. Yes, I liked it. It was interesting, such films we didn't watch yet. This presentation of cliches of different countries was very interesting to watch.
2. Did you find this film different from what you usually watch?
2. Yes, I don't watch such films very often, because such films don't come out very often. =P But these different situations in taxi was very interesting to watch.
3. How did you like the use of languages in the film?
3. I think, that everything is better to hear in standart language, because you can't translate good all details and richness of a particular language. For example italian guy spoke very fast and with such an intonation, how can speak only italians.


I've answered the topic about Stan's presentation about TRIZ
1. Do you think it's generally a good idea to invite people to the lesson to speak to you? Why? Shold there be specific entry criteria?
1. Yes, the idea to invite people to the lessons is good. I remember the other time you invited one professor or something like that. It was interesting to hear her thoughts and her theory and of course to hear another good english. I think, it will be good if we will invite other professors or previous students of yours to tell us something interesting.
2. Do you find this particular lesson and its subsequent discussion useful? Please give details.
2. This particular lesson made us to think over, what are we learning and how it can be useful for us or can it be useful for us at all. Maybe simple logic, that we used before we get to know otsm-triz, was more useful for us.
3. Did the presentation and the discussion make you think about something?
3. Look previous answer.
4. Are there any new questions / comments you've got in relation to OTSM-TRIZ and its relevance to real life?
4. Mr. Sokol, you think that making models for solving problems is better than simple logic, can you give a strong example of that?


Oh, I think that is. =)
Forgot, I also have read the topic about our new assessment for semester, which comes from 50% working in group and 50% from the big exam-like test, which we write together with other group. Heh, I've read the opinions of my classmates, that didn't like this idea, because we have enough work to do & etc. and from myself can say only one thing - the bad thing is that we haven't prepared in the class for this work, because in the class all what we are doing is talking, talking and talking. =) Sometimes talking is more than learning process itself. =P
Yeah, now that is, but if somebody wants to read further information with all the other interesting posts you can easily go to this link, I hope it's not yet broken: The T-A.org form's 12 forum

Some more reflections
As I said earlier, I liked the idea of tutorials on the site. They made me also to reconsider my opinion about this whole thing. Although this site still is full of bags I liked the idea of helping people to understand the system with the help of animated story-like tutorials. With help of them, I've finally completed the planning part and this made me also to start doing texts tasks in the future.
Some teacher's diary was also a big idea. It shows how he changed his opinion about this online learning. First he was very negatvie or even sceptical about all this stuff. But in the end he even started to work on grammar in class with his students. It was very interesting. =) And about this working on grammar in the class, I think we should also start to do it. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment